The number one study abroad destination for international students seeking to get a great career edge is the United States of America. Since 1940s, more international students have studied in the USA then in any other host country, this trend continues to the present day, with over 886,000 international students enrolled in its college and universities and these figures continue to grow every year. There are ample reasons why one should study in the USA. The United States of America has been a global leader in the field of education, setting standards for the quality of faculty, research and the generic experience a student is opened up to when studying overseas.
Capital of USA : Washington, D.C
Total Area: 9,826,675 km2
Population: 321,034,355 (2015 Estimate)
Calling Code: +1
In USA the temperature is very comfortable. The average annual temperature on the coast is around 17°C to 30°C for seven or more months in the year. And the coldest temperature in other cities such as: new York 1°C , new jersey-3°C, Chicago 3°C, US states were evaluated for temperature, rain and sun.
CURRENCY: In USA, the official currency is United States Dollar ($) and consists of 100 smaller cent units. It is the currency most used in international transactions and is the world’s most dominant reserve currency.
Note have value of $1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100. Notes in denominations of $500, $1,000, $5,000, $10,000 and $100,000 were all produced at one time
Coins have value 1c, 5c, 10c, 25c, 50c, & $1
TIME ZONE: The United States uses nine standard time zones.
From east to west : Atlantic Standard Time (AST), Eastern Standard Time (EST), Central Standard Time (CST), Mountain Standard Time (MST), Pacific Standard Time (PST), Alaskan Standard Time (AKST), Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time (HST), Samoa standard time (UTC-11) and Chamorro Standard Time (UTC+10).
DRIVING IN USA: International students aspiring to study in USA can drive using valid international driving license for a year, as long as the license valid and in English.
If the driving license is not in English, an English translation is required for that. And if license doesn’t contain photograph or written in another language not in English then It is wise (not mandatory) to obtain an International Driver’s Permit.
- Bay State College (Boston, Massachusetts)
- Mercyhurst University (Pennsylvania)
- Ohio Valley University (Vienna, West Virginia)
- Rochester College (New York)
- Young Harris College (Georgia)
- Culver stockton College (Canton, Missouri)
- Saint Michale’s College (Colchester, Vermont)
- South Western College (Chula Vista, California)
- University of St. Thomas (Saint Paul, Minnesota)
- Claremont University (Claremont, California )
- Brandeis University (Waltham, Massachusetts)
Fall – August / September
Spring – January / February
Summer – May / Jun
For the Admission in USA Following is the list of documents required.
- Mark sheet & Passing certificates (10th & 10+2)
- Mark sheets + degree- Graduation
- IELTS/TOFEL score card
- Passport copy
- Work Experience (If any)
- Letter of Recommendation
- Financial documentation
- Two Academic references and employers (Where applicable)
- Personal Statements
- Admission processing time: Varies from college to college- 15 days up to 2-3 months for university admission
- Documents required for individual universities and individual courses in the USA may vary.
Dollar Dreams provides all the admission & services to its students free of cost. We liaise with the College & Universities on the receipt of applications and follow up on your admission decisions. Our information resource is apt to assist you making the correct choice.
Each program may have specific entry requirements. Our trained counselor asses your application as per your interest & Academic pathway and helps you to find and enroll in a suitable course.
Following documents are required for study visa
- Original Passport
- Photographs- 4
- Academic documents original
- Work Experience ( if any)
- Original Bank Letter of Financial Support (In English): Duly certified copy of confirmation letter from a Banking Institution valid for six months, in their country of residence, of their financial ability to cover tuition fees, living and repatriation expenses
- Embassy fee payment receipt
- SEVIS Fee receipt
- Original family Income documents
Finally, make an appointment for a U.S.A. student visa interview through the VFS website.
All visa applicants must have an interview with an officer at their country’s U.S. embassy or consulate.
Note: When interviewing in USA embassy, make sure not to arrive earlier than 15 minutes before the appointed time, and bring the all above documents.
Dollar Dreams assists in preparation (including mock sessions) for the interviews that students may have with the chosen universities as well as the collation and review of relevant documentation for submission of the visa application
In the USA, tuition fee largely depends on whether international student plans to study at a Public or Private Institution (refer to the difference between public and private Institutions there).
- The tuition fee for one year study $15000 to $30000 per year. At some Universities, it could go beyond $ 40000 per year
- As per requirements of Embassy the estimated Living Cost: $10000 to $12000 (per year). An average of $700 to $1000 per month may be considered.
Students may find that some places are cheaper to live in USA as compared to others. The general expenses a student has to pay are of accommodation, power, groceries, transport etc.
Accommodation: – A student may opt for hall of residence, rented house along with friends, home stay depending upon his interest and budget.
Basic and other expenses include cost of-
- Stationary & books
- Power & gas.
Education system in USA is divided into following levels:
- Primary & Secondary School: Prior to higher education, American students attend primary and secondary school for a combined total of 12 years. These years are referred to as the first through twelfth grades.
- Undergraduate Level: Students aspiring to attend college or university after completion of high school must attend undergraduate school. These schools offer either a two-year Associate degree or a four-year Bachelor degree in a specific course of study.
- Graduate Level: After obtaining a Bachelors degree student can continue to pursue one out of two types of degrees. One is a Masters degree which is generally a two-year degree that is highly specialized in a particular field. Another education in a specific field can pursue a Doctorate degree, called a PhD
- A qualification is recognized worldwide.
- USA has the vast wealth of resources, there are very supporting industries, great training and research resources.
- International students on successful completion of their study in USA get employment in highly sought after employers worldwide.
- US universities attract world renowned faculty and are at the forefront of research and technological development.
- POST STUDY WORK RIGHTS: Student visa [F-1] holders are eligible for a total of 12 months Optional Practical Training [OPT] per educational level completed.
- WORK RIGHTS DURING STUDIES: International students studying in the USA on F-1 status visa are eligible to work on campus up to 20 hours a week while school is in session, and can work full time during vacations / scheduled breaks..
- Americans are known to be very hospitable, friendly, kind, generous and accepting of foreigners
- The main benefit of studying in the USA is the flexibility of the undergraduate curriculum offered by US universities.
- Over 4,000 degree-granting institutions of higher learning in the USA .
- Team of Dollar Dreams plays a vital role in helping the students chose the right direction for a better career.
- Our experience helped international students in selecting the right course and the right University list.
- Information about how to apply to study, and prepare for living in USA.
- Firm foundation of counseling staff of study in USA which helps students aspiring to study in USA understands American education system & its benefits.
- Information about tuition fees and cost of living in USA.
- No processing charges
- Representatives of TOP colleges & Universities in USA
- One to one counseling of students
- Complete admission and visa process services
Dollar Dreams is a leading study abroad immigration consultancy in the world, with many years of experience of study in USA. The expertise & experience of Dollar Dreams team makes your study in USA dream come true.
Dollar Dreams is one of the best consultant in world, making your process of study abroad a smooth and an easy experience.