UK- United Kingdom which is situated in European Continent, is a member of European Union (EU). The number one study abroad destination for international students seeking to get a great career edge is the United Kingdom. UK is also known as the another official name is the “ UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTH IRELAND”. Every year close to 600,000 students from 200 nations come to the UK to study at a schools, colleges or universities and 600,000 more come to do an English language courses. There are ample reasons why one should study in the UK. The UK has a long history of welcoming international students from around the globe. And with a reputation for academic excellence, it’s easy to see why so many international students choose UK to seek quality education.
Numerous UK schools, colleges and universities have an international society to help international students settle in and make friends.
Capital of UK : London
Political Union : England, Northern Ireland, Scotland & Wales.
Total Area: 242,495 km2
Population: 64,716,000[ (2015 Estimate)
Calling Code: +44
WEATHER: UK has varied climate. The average annual temperature on the coast is around not much lower than O°C in winter and not much higher than to 32°C in Summer. July is normally the warmest month in UK and the coldest month in UK is February. Probably the best months to travel in UK are May, June, September & October.
CURRENCY: In UK, the official currency is Pound (£). 1 Pound is consists of 100 pence units.
Note have value of £5, £10, £20, & £50.
Coins have value 1 penny, 2 pence, 5 pence, 10 pence, 20 pence, 50 pence, & £1, £2.
The 1 penny & 2 pence piece are bronze, the 5, 10, 20, & 50 pence pieces are silver and 1 & 2 pound coins are gold.
TIME ZONE: The United Kingdom is often called Greenwich Mean Time zones and UK is in Western European Time Zone (WET+0).
UK time is 5.30 hours behind India.
DRIVING IN UK: International students aspiring to study in UK can drive using valid international driving license for a year, as long as the license is valid and is in English. If student has a foreign license, which is not recognized for the purpose of exchanging licenses, student can drive as a visitor for up to 12 months from the date last entered the UK.
If the driving license is not in English, an English translation is required for that. And if license doesn’t contain photograph or is written in another language and not in English then it is wise (not mandatory) to obtain an International Driver’s Permit.
TIER 4 VISA: STUDENTS
This Visa category introduced in 2009, the Tier 4 visa categories provide to students who are paying for tuition in the UK. It highlights the significance laid by the universities and colleges on income from overseas. The prime objective of Tier-4 immigration service is to offer a straightforward, user-friendly and transparent solution to students willing to study in the UK.
CATEGORIES OF TIER 4
There are two student categories in Tier 4 of the points-based system:
This category is proposed for students coming to the UK for post-16 education.
This category is intended for children between 4 and 17 years of age who are coming to the UK for their education. However, children between 4 and 15 years of age may only be educated at independent fee paying schools.
UK TIER 4 POINTS BASED SYSTEM
It is mandatory for students to fulfill all the requirements of the Immigration Rules, other than having a total of 40 points.
- CAS statement (Confirmation Acceptance for Studies) issued from universities/institutions (registered in UK Border Agency Sponsor Register) will provide the student 30 points.
- Satisfaction of fund requirement as mentioned by the UK Border Agency will make him/her eligible to get an additional 10 points and therefore obtain Visa.
- University of Bedfordshire
- University of Sunderland
- Glyndwr university
- The Stay Academy
- Teessied University
Intakes: The main intake offered by all Universities is September / October & few universities offer Jan / Feb intake also.
For the Admission in UK Following is the list of documents required.
- Mark sheet & Passing certificates (10th & 10+2)
- Mark sheets + degree- Graduation
- IELTS/TOFEL score card
- At least, 2 Academic reference letters from professors who have taught most recently. Once reference in case of UG application on the UCAS application form itself.
- Passport copy
- Work Experience (If any)
- Letter of Recommendation
- Financial documentation
- Statement of Purpose
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Admission processing time: Varies from college to college- 15 days up to 2-3 months for university admission
- Documents required for individual universities and individual courses in the UK may vary.
Dollar Dreams provides all the admission & services to its students free of cost. We liaise with the College & Universities on the receipt of applications and follow up on your admission decisions. Our information resource is apt to assist you making the correct choice.
Each program may have specific entry requirements. Our trained counselor asses your application as per your interest & Academic pathway and helps you to find and enroll in a suitable course.
Following documents are required for study visa
- Original Passport
- Photographs- 4
- Academic documents original
- Work Experience ( if any)
- Original Bank Letter of Financial Support (In English): Duly certified copy of confirmation letter from a Banking Institution valid for six months, in their country of residence, of their financial ability to cover tuition fees, living and repatriation expenses
- Visa Fee
- Original family Income documents
The estimated living cost per year is between £7,000 – £9,000.
For Main Applicant
- £13,521 (£1,020 for each month of stay in the country) in case the UK University and College is in London (inside of inner London boroughs)
- £12056 (£820 for each month of stay in the country) if the University and College is outside London (outside of inner London boroughs)
- £7605 (£845 multiplied by 9 months) if the University of the main applicant is in London (inside of inner London boroughs)
- £6120 (£680 multiplied by 9 months) if the University is outside London (outside of inner London boroughs)
Tuition fees per year range from £7,000 to £9,000 for Arts courses and £7,500 to £12,000 for Science courses.
The duration of a UK undergraduate course ranges from three to four years, while a full-time postgraduate degree is generally a year. There are plenty of options available to students following their degree and there will always be lots of guidance to help for international student to achieve the career path.
In the UK, tuition fee largely depends on whether international student plans to study at a Public or Private Institution (refer to the difference between public and private Institutions on their websites).
Students may find that some places are cheaper to live in UK as compared to others. The major expenses that a student has to pay are of accommodation, power, groceries, transport etc.
Accommodation: A student may opt for hall of residence, rented house along with friends, home stay depending upon his interest and budget.
Basic and other expenses include cost of-
- Stationary & books
- Power & gas.
Education system in UK is divided into following levels
- Primary & Secondary School: Prior to higher education, students attend primary and secondary school for a combined total of 12 years. These years are referred to as the first through twelfth grades.
- Undergraduate Level: Students aspiring to attend college or university after completion of high school must attend undergraduate school. These schools offer either a two-year Associate degree or a four-year Bachelor degree in a specific course of study.
- Graduate Level: After obtaining a Bachelors degree student can continue to pursue one out of two types of degrees. One is a Masters degree which is generally a two-year degree that is highly specialized in a particular field. Another education in a specific field can pursue a Doctorate degree, called a PhD
- UK qualification is worldwide recognition.
- UK is the vast wealth of the resources, there very supporting industries, great training and research.
- International students on successful completion of their study in UK are highly sought after by employers worldwide.
- UK universities attract world renowned faculty and are at the forefront of research and technological development.
- WORK RIGHTS DURING STUDIES: International students studying in the UK are eligible to work on campus up to 20 hours a week while school is in session, and can work full time during vacations / scheduled breaks..
- The main benefit of studying in the UK is the flexibility of the undergraduate curriculum offered by universities.
- Over 4,000 degree-granting institutions of higher learning in the UK .
- Team of Dollar Dreams plays a vital role in helping the students chose the right direction for a better career.
- Our experience helped international students in selecting the right course and the right University.
- Information about how to apply to study, and prepare for living in UK.
- Dollar Dreams trained counselor having experience in overseas study counseling
- Firm foundation of counseling staff of study in UK which helps students aspiring to study in UK understands the education system & its benefits.
- Information about tuition fees and cost of living in UK.
- No processing charges
- Representatives of TOP colleges & Universities in UK
- One to one counseling of students
- Complete admission and visa process services
Dollar Dreams is on of the leading study abroad immigration consultant inthe world,with many years of experience of study in UK. The expertise & experience of Dollar Dreams team makes your study in UK dream come true.
Dollar Dreams is one of the best consultant in World, making your process of study abroad a smooth and an easy experience.