Canada is among the top study live and settle destinations in the world. This North American country not just shares border with USA but lot of other things including education. Some of the Canadian universities academic & research facilities are even better than their counterparts in US. More than 20 Canadian Universities are featured among top 500 in the world. University of Toronto, University of British Columbia, McGill university, McMaster University & University of Alberta are ranked in top 100 in the world. Highly Industrialized & developed country like Canada is highly position to be the most sort skills & Learning destination in the world.
Canada is a peaceful country and has a low crime rate giving a very safe environment to international to students to pursue their study in Canada.
The education system of Canada is one of the best in the world, with colleges & universities offering a wide range of undergraduate & graduates courses with diverse fields.
Weather: Canada temperature is diverse. It differs from place to place and also from season to season. The temperature can drop below 0 degree c for few months.
Canada has 4 seasons
Fall – September to October
Winter– November to February
Spring– March to May
Summer- June to August
Currency: The currency unit of Canada is Canadian dollar. Notes have value of $5, $10, $20, $50, and $100 denominations and Canadian Coinage have value 1¢ (penny) 5¢ (nickel) 10¢ (dime) 25¢ (quarter) 50¢ (50-cent piece) $1 (Voyageur dollar) $1 (loonie) $2 (toonie).
Time zone: Most of Canada uses Six standard time zones, From east to west -Newfoundland Time Zone, Atlantic Time Zone, Eastern Time, Central Time Zone, Mountain Time Zone, and the Pacific Time Zone.
Driving in Canada: An international student needs a driver’s license to drive in Canada. Your valid driving license from your home country may be valid for a short time. Students planning to study in Canada should get an international driving permit from their home country whereby translation of your license into French & English is provided.
Every province in Canada may have their own process of getting driver’s license so it checks the requirement of individual territories.
Student partner program or SPP is approved by Government of Canada for Indian Students. This program allows for Indian student to get visa very quickly and with minimum documentation. Canadian Government has appointed few selected Colleges and Universities to get admission under SPP program. Under SPP the embassy will assess the Canadian student visa application considering them of a lowest migration risk. Most of colleges listed under SPP program are Canadian Government funded and offer high level of education.
Advantage of SPP program:
- High Success rate
- Fast processing
- Less documents required
- Post study Work options for Students
- Advance medicals reports
- Student have minimum 55% marks in recently completed degree/diploma
- IELTS Scored should minimum of 6.0 band
- Or Evidence of Purchase of a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from a participating Canadian Financial institution bank ( Scotia Bank), in the amount of CAD $ 10,200 to cover living expenses for First year’s tuition fee
Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC):- The students have to open an account on their name under the Scotia bank Student GIC Program (SSGP), to purchase a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from Scotia bank for $10,200 Canadian dollars (CAD) accommodating the first year living expenses. A GIC is a Canadian investment account that offers a guaranteed interest rate over a fixed period of time.
- First $200 is paid as administrative charges of Scotia Bank.
- Student gets $2000 immediately after arriving at Canada.
Next $8000 is given to the students in 12 equal installments as living expenses for every month. It is a nonredeemable investment.
- Sheridan College ( Toronto, Ontario)
- St. Lawrence (Kingston, Brockville, Cornwall)
- Durham College ( Oshawa, Ontario)
- Red River College ( Winnipeg, Manitoba)
- University of the Fraser Valley ( British Columbia )
- Seneca College ( Toronto, Ontario)
- College of the Rockies ( British Columbia)
- Grant MacEwan University (Alberta)
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University (British Columbia)
- Lambton College of Applied Arts & Technology ( Ontario)
- Medicine Hat College (Alberta)
- Northern Lights (British Columbia)
- Selkirk College ( British Columbia)
Major Intakes: Jan & September. May intake available for some colleges
- Mark sheet & Passing certificates (10th & 10+2)
- Mark sheets + degree- Graduation
- IELTS score card
- Passport copy
- Work Experience (If any)
- Letter of recommendation
- Application fee
- Statement of Purpose
- Admission processing time: Varies from college to college- May take from 15 days up to 1 month.
Once the application is assessed an offer of a place is made.
After accepting offer letter, student must pay the tuition fee as mentioned in the offer letter. This payment is made by International wire transfer. Once the education provider has received the tuition fee payment, they will issue the Fee receipt. The Fee receipt will be needed to lodge the Visa Application.
Then Students have to open an account in Scotia Bank to purchase Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) for the amount of $10,200 CAD accommodating the first year living expenses.
Once the Account is opened the students transfers his living cost of CAD$10,200 in this account, obtains the receipt the Fee receipt will be needed to lodge the Visa Application.
Dollar Dreams is the official representative of top colleges and universities in Canada.
Each program may have specific entry requirements. Our trained counselor asses your application as per your interest & Academic pathway and helps you to find and enroll in a suitable course.
- West Highlander provides you a FREE Counseling session (Telephonic/In-person) to help you choose a right education provider and relevant course to study in Canada.
- We help you apply to the chosen college and we take the responsibility of doing all the hard work of tracking the applications by staying in touch with the institution, on your behalf.
We help you go through your fee payment and purchase of GIC.
- Your SOP must clarify your decision to study in Canada. You must include the research undertaken about Canadian college, the value of proposed course to you and your plan after completion of study.
- The statement of purpose must be clear and specific. Include your research and reason why would you like to study this particular course and how it is relevant to your previous study or work experience.
- Statement of purpose is very important as it helps the officer in having an understanding about you, your previous study, work history.
- It is also a great platform to explain your future plans and how this decision of study abroad fits in your future plans. Include all the information in the application. Give explanation of any gaps in your academic & career history which may help in decision making for the officers.
- The cost and resources involved in undertaking your study abroad are significant and the onus is on you to satisfy the case officer that you are a genuine and a bonafide student wishing to do your studies overseas.
- Your SOP should contain the points and explanation so as satisfy the officer about your successful education outcome.
- The tuition fee for one year study: ranges from CAD$ 18000 – $20000 depending on college & course.
- Cost of living is about CAD$ 10,000 per year.
Your cost of living depends upon where you live and how you choose to live.
Students may find that some places are cheaper to live in Canada as compared to others. The general expenses a student has to pay are of accommodation, power, groceries, transport etc.
Accommodation: A student may opt for hall of residence, rented house along with friends, home stay depending upon his interest and budget.
All foreign students in Canada must have health insurance. Medical coverage available to international students varies from province to province. In provinces where international students are not covered under provincial health care plans, students must arrange for private health insurance coverage.
Basic and other expenses include cost of-
- Stationary & books
- Power & gas.
- The Education in Canada is world class
- Canada is ranked No 1 by the OECD for higher education achievement.
- Canada is a great place to live and study
- Canada has continuously ranked in the top 10 courtiers in the quality of life index by the United Nations since 2004.
- Canada is multicultural; some of the biggest cities have many immigrant communities giving study in Canada rich multicultural experiences.
- Canada has got one of the strongest economies in the world.
- Dollar Dreams is recognized agency for its experience and expertise in study in Canada admission services
- General Information session for international students on opportunity to work during their studies on and off campus and there is also co-op work program.
- For International students interested in learning about immigration pathways we hold general information session and direct to CIC website for complete information.
- Firm foundation of counseling staff of study in Canada which helps students aspiring to study in Canada understand Canadian education system & its benefits.
- Complete & in depth information about study option in Canada.
- Information about how to apply to study, and prepare for living in Canada.
- Information about tuition fees and cost of living in Canada.
- Increase your chance of admission success by applying through qualified and licensed consultant
- No processing charges
- Representatives of TOP Universities/Colleges in Canada
- One to one counseling of students
- Complete admission services
Dollar Dreams is one of the leading study abroad immigration consultant in World with many years of experience of study in Canada. The expertise & experience of Dollar Dreams team makes your study in Canada dream come true.
Dollar Dreams is one of the best consultant in world, making your process of study abroad a smooth and an easy experience.